Alexander Construction was engaged to replace the concrete precast beams and columns in the refurbishment of this well-known feature. The original structure was built in 1934 but by 1988 the steel reinforcing was badly corroded and unsafe. It was demolished and replaced in 1991.
We were proud to be involved in this prominent project which was designed to retain the grandeur and beauty of this historical landmark for future generations.
‘A prominent project to retain the grandeur and beauty of a historical landmark …’
Napier City Council